Friday 25 November 2022

The Trulli of Alberobello

I am a little divided about Alberobello. On the one hand it looks exactly the kind of place I like: a cozy little village that is still unknown by the majority of the people. On the other hand, Isabella, who sent me the first card, says that tourism made this place unauthentic and artificial... I guess I have to go there and see it for myself! :)


Alberobello

The trulli , limestone dwellings found in the southern region of Puglia, are remarkable examples of drywall (mortarless) construction, a prehistoric building technique still in use in this region. 

Alberobello
This postcard was sent by Pasquale 

The trulli are made of roughly worked limestone boulders collected from neighbouring fields. Characteristically, they feature pyramidal, domed or conical roofs built up of corbelled limestone slabs. - in: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/787

No comments:

Post a Comment